The West African middle-level Accounting Technicians are the goal of the Accounting Technicians Scheme West Africa (ATSWA) training program.
It is established to meet the demand for middle-level accounting professionals in the economy, particularly in the accounting and finance departments of a wide range of government agencies and corporations, and provide a recognized qualification for accounting and auditing personnel employed in the public sector, industry, commerce, and various offices.
The ATSWA curriculum has three sections, and each section has four courses.
After passing the Accounting Technicians Scheme of West Africa (ATSWA) Exams, you will be given your AAT Certificate.
15 months are required for individuals with an ordinary level certificate, and 6–12 months are required for those with a higher certificate but not a degree certificate to complete the three levels of examination. There are two testing windows per year (March and September).
Standard National Diploma from a college or university that has been approved by the Institute’s Council National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a university or college of education.
What is the requirement for ATWSA Examination?
Five (5) credit passes in any subject, including English Language and Mathematics, on the West African Senior School Certificate Examination, the General Certificate of Education, or the National Senior Certificate of Education (NECO) in no more than two (2) sittings, or the National Examination Board for Teachers of English (NABTEB).
When is ATSWA next examination 2023?
On March 28 and 29, 2023, under the direction of the Council of The Association of Accountancy Bodies in West Africa, examinations for the Accounting Technicians Scheme, West Africa (ATSWA) will be administered in member countries (ABWA). The cities of Aba, Abeokuta, Abekaliki, Abuja, Ado-Ekiti, Akure, Alimosho, Amuwo-Odofin, Auchi, Awka, Benin-City, Calabar, Enugu, Ibadan, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Ilesha, Ilisan, Ilorin, Jalingo, Jos, Kaduna, Kano, LASU-OJO, Lok
In the event of insufficient interest in a particular location, the Institute may, at its discretion and without penalty, relocate applicants to another center that is geographically closer to them.
How do I print an exam docket?
To create an exam docket, go to Self Service > Academic Records > Exam Docket.
The most current course schedule and term will be shown automatically. Each student must choose the most suitable exam format for their needs..
A download will start when you click the link. The schedule of tests will be generated automatically.
How do I check my ATSWA financial status?
Click here: https://icanportal.org/ats If you have already created an account, you may see your Exam and Financial Status by logging in with your registration number and password.
How do I register for ATSWA Examination?
1) The ATSWA registration cost is 7,000 (bank charges are not included) and can be paid via any of the following methods:
2) DEPOSIT DIRECTLY IN ANY Nigerian Commercial Bank
Use the reference and receipt numbers from your transaction to create a PIN and SERIAL NUMBER for use with WEB-PAY QUICK-TELLER
3) When finished, click the “Submit” button to send your information.
4) Sign and date the printed copy of the form.
5) Please bring the following paperwork to any of our offices and attach it to your submission:
- Valid original pay direct transaction reference or receipt
- Documents proving your identity and eligibility to work in the U.S., such as (NECO,WASCE, NABTEB, OND, NCE)
- PLEASE BE AWARE THAT UPON COMPLETION OF THE APPLICATION FORM AND CREDENTIALS, YOU WILL NEED THE ENDORSEMENT OF A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT OR ASSOCIATE ACCOUNTING TECHNOLOGIST (AAT).
EXAMINATION REGISTRATION 2023
The registration PORTAL for the MARCH 2023 diet of ATSWA Examinations opened on Thursday, December 8, 2023 and will close on Thursday, March 23, 2023.
Candidates are required to register online for March 2023 diet examinations at the ICAN website www.icanportal.org/ats/examinations
Eligibility for Enrolment: The examinations are open to the Institute’s registered financial students. Other interested persons should visit the Institute’s website www.icanig.org for guidelines on Students’ Registration.
Free Aid to Candidates: All ATSWA candidates can download for free the soft copies of STUDY TEXTS and INSIGHTS from our website https://icanig.org/students/atswa-learning-materialsDIRECTIVES FOR ONLINE REGISTRATION
1. BEFORE PAYMENT: Check and Print out your Examination/Financial Status at the Institute’s ATS students portal: www.icanportal.org/ats before effecting payment through Paydirect, Verve/Master ATM Card; 2. METHODS OF PAYMENT FOR EXAMINATION FEES
a. PayDirect: pay directly into ICAN e-Collection Account at any Commercial bank in Nigeria. Obtain your payment Receipt and thereafter:
- Proceed with your application for the exam at ICAN website: www.icanportal.org/ats/paymasters/paydirectindex
- Enter your Deposit Slip Number on the payment receipt
- Enter your receipt number
- Click on the SUBMIT button to generate eVoucher containing 12 digits and 6 digits PIN and Serial Number respectively required for your online registration
- Proceed to the web address on the e-voucher i.e. www.icanportal.org/ats/examinations to register for the examination.
b. Naira ATM Card: Pay online using your Naira ATM Visa, Verve or Mastercard by selecting the relevant payment type following the steps enumerated below:
1. Go to https://icanportal.org/ats LOGIN BY:
- Entering your registration number and password to view your Examination and Financial Status if you have previously set up your account.
- If you have not set up your account, click on “New Student Registration” to create a “Password”.
- Click pay ICAN and select ‘WebPay’ and click on “New Payment”.
- Scan a copy (JPEG format, 20kb maximum file size) of your passport photograph (white background) for the online registration before commencement of online examination registration.
- Scan a copy of your signature. (JPEG format, 20kb maximum file size)
- Complete the Online form at ICAN website: https://icanportal.org/ats and click on submit.
- Print the following after clicking on submit: