Dubai, one of the most popular cities in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), is a prime destination for business and tourism. With its iconic buildings and bustling city life, Dubai attracts thousands of visitors from Nigeria and around the world. If you are planning to visit Dubai, here is a comprehensive guide on how to apply for a Dubai visa.
Types of Dubai Visa
- Transit Visa: Processing time – 3-4 working days, Validity – 30 days after the date of issue (for stopovers through onward journey)
- Service Visa: Processing time – 3-4 working days, Validity – 14 days after the date of issue (for job-related tasks in Dubai)
- Tourist Visa: Processing time – 3-4 working days, Validity – 30 days after the date of issue (for tourism purposes)
- Visit Visa: Processing time – 3-4 working days, Validity – 90 days (for visiting relatives, friends, or business purposes)
General Requirements for Dubai Visa
The basic documents required for a Dubai visa application are:
- Valid Nigerian passport with at least 6 months validity
- Duly filled Visa Application Form
- Photocopies of your ID card and Passport (including valid and expired visas)
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of financial status: Recent Nigerian bank statements for the past 6 months showing sufficient funds for your stay in Dubai
- Confirmed itinerary with flight details
- Proof of residency (e.g., hotel reservation)
Dubai Transit Visa
The Dubai Transit 48 hours Visa is for travelers with stopovers through onward journeys. It is valid for 30 days from the date of issue and can be used for a stopover of less than 48 hours.
Dubai Service Visa
The Dubai Service Visa is for individuals who have job-related tasks in Dubai or the UAE. It lasts for 14 days and allows applicants to take their family along without additional documents.
Dubai Tourist Visa
The Dubai Tourist Visa is for tourists and does not require a sponsor. It lasts for 30 days, and the visa’s validity is 58 days from the date of issue. Applicants may need to provide a letter from their employer and evidence of their profession.
Dubai Visit Visa
The Dubai Visit Visa is versatile and can be used for visiting relatives, friends, or business purposes. It allows a stay of 3 months and is non-extendable. A “letter of invitation” from the host in Dubai is required.
Dubai Visa Fee
The visa fee varies depending on the type of visa:
- Transit Visa: 3,700 NAIRA
- Service Visa: 33,000 NAIRA (14 days validity)
- Tourist Visa: 33,000 NAIRA (30 days validity)
- Visit Visa: 68,000 NAIRA (90 days validity)
Dubai Visa Application Centers
Dubai Visa Application Center, Lagos: Address: Manor House, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate, 3rd Roundabout, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria.
Dubai Visa Application Center, Abuja: Address: United Arab Emirates Embassy, No 2, Columbia Close Office, Colorado Street, Minister’s Hill, Maitama, Abuja. Telephone: +234-9875-0270 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details and inquiries, you can visit the Dubai Immigration website or contact the Dubai Visa Application Centers.