Georgia, a sovereign state in the Caucasus region between Eastern Europe and Western Asia, is a beautiful country known for its vibrant lifestyle. The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi, and the official languages are Georgian, English, and Russian. If you are a Nigerian citizen planning to visit Georgia, you will need to obtain the appropriate Georgian visa. Here is a comprehensive guide on the Georgian Visa Application process and its requirements:
Types of Georgian Visas
There are several types of Georgian visas depending on the purpose of your travel. The various categories of Georgian visas include:
- Georgian Visitor Visa: For individuals visiting Georgia for tourism, family visits, or other short-term purposes.
- Georgian Transit Visa: For individuals transiting through Georgia to reach their final destination in another country.
- Georgian Student Visa: For individuals intending to study in Georgia at a recognized educational institution.
- Georgian Working Visa: For individuals offered employment by a Georgian employer.
- Georgian Business Visa: For individuals traveling to Georgia for business-related purposes.
Georgia Visa Requirements
Regardless of the type of Georgian visa you are applying for, the following documents are generally required:
- Valid Nigerian passport with a minimum validity of 6 months.
- Photocopies of the Nigerian passport’s bio-data and picture pages.
- A properly filled and signed Georgian visa application form.
- One passport-sized photograph of the applicant.
- Visa processing fees.
Depending on the specific visa type, additional supporting documents may be required. These could include:
- An invitation letter from a Georgian sponsor.
- A letter from a Georgian employer.
- Proof of provisional admission from a Georgian academic institution (for student visa).
- Proof of accommodation.
- Bank statements for the past 3 months.
It’s important to ensure that the application form is correctly filled to avoid delays or rejection of the visa processing.
Georgian Visa Fees
The visa processing fees can be paid online on the Georgian e-Visa website using Visa cards or MasterCard within 5 hours of email notification. Please note that the visa processing fee is non-refundable.
Georgian Visa Processing Time
The Georgian visa processing time is usually between 2 to 15 working days, depending on the type of visa. For e-visas, it takes about 5 working days.
Where to Collect Georgia Visa/e-Visa upon Approval
For e-visas, once the application is approved, the applicants can print it out online, and the document can be presented in that form. For long-stay visas, if the visa request is approved, the applicant should head to the Georgian embassy or consulate to have the visa stamped on their passport.
Before applying for a Georgian visa, it is advisable to visit the official Georgian embassy or consulate website for the most up-to-date information and to ensure that you have all the necessary documents and requirements.