India is a prominent country in Southern Asia and the second most populous nation globally. It boasts major cities like Mumbai, with significant tourist attractions and excellent medical facilities.
Given the opportunities in India, visas are in high demand for various purposes such as medical treatment, education, work, and tourism. Here is a comprehensive guide on the visa application process and requirements for a stress-free journey to India.
Types of Indian Visas
- Tourist Visa: For leisure, tourism, or visiting relatives and friends. Valid for 90 days.
- Business Visa: For individuals traveling for business purposes or attending meetings. Valid for 90 days.
- Employment Visa: For foreign technicians, highly skilled personnel in IT sectors, CEOs, and senior executives of multinational companies.
- Entry Visa: For people of Indian origin, dependents of employment visa holders, applicants seeking visas for Auroville Foundation, and more.
- Medical Visa: For medical check-ups, treatment, and other medical reasons.
- Student Visa: For pursuing educational courses in recognized Indian institutions.
- Other Visas: Includes journalist, emergency, transit, missionaries, research, intern, film visas, and others.
General Requirements for India Visa
- Properly filled and signed India visa application form.
- Valid Nigerian passport with two blank pages and a validity of 6 months.
- Colored copy of the data page of the passport.
- Photocopies of passport pages showing passport number, picture, and bio-data.
- One recent passport-size photograph of the applicant.
- Visa processing fees.
- Introduction letter and invitation letter from an Indian host.
- Proof of oral polio and yellow fever vaccination.
India Visa Fees (USD)
- Tourist Visa: $252
- Business Visa: $252
- Employment Visa: $252
- Entry Visa: $252
- Medical Visa: $252
- Student Visa: $252
- Other: $252 (Note: Fees are subject to change; verify with the embassy.)
Address and Location of India Embassy in Nigeria
- Lagos: 15 Walter Carrington Crescent (formerly Eleke Crescent), Victoria Island.
- Phone: +00234-1-280-9966, Fax: +00234-1-280-9969, Email: email@example.com
- Abuja: 364, Cadastral Zone, Central Business Area (CBD).
- Phone: +234-7080622800-4, Fax: +234-7080622805
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where to Get an Indian Visa Application Form: Forms are available for download on the India visa website.
- How and Where to Pay India Visa Fees: Fees depend on the visa type and duration, paid during online registration or at application submission.
- India Visa Processing Time: Minimum of three working days, excluding special cases.
- Where to Collect India Visa upon Approval: Passports are collected from the Visa Application Center.
Please note that visa fees are nonrefundable, regardless of application status. For specific visa requirements, documents may vary based on the type of visa applied for.