This article provides information about the Kenyon college acceptance rate.
In Gambier, Ohio, there is a private liberal arts college called Kenyon College.
In 1824, Philander Chase founded it. The Higher Learning Commission has granted Kenyon College its accreditation.
1,708 undergraduates are enrolled at Kenyon.
Its academic calendar is centered on semesters and is located on a 1,000-acre campus in a rural area. The Brown Family Environmental Center (BFEC), which spans over 380 acres and houses seven ecosystems, is on campus.
The BFEC offers educational opportunities, such as the Summer Science Scholars program. Eight fraternities and sororities are among the more than 120 student clubs and organizations on campus.
Famous graduates include U.S. President Rutherford B. Hayes, Swedish prime minister Olof Palme, U.S. Supreme Court Justice David Davis, biologist Harvey Lodish, actors Josh Radnor, Paul Newman, and Allison Janney, Marquette University basketball coach Shaka Smart, chemist Carl Djerassi, cartoonist Bill Watterson, and writers John Green, Robert Lowell, and E. L. Doctorow.
- 1 Why Choose Kenyon College?
- 2 What is the Kenyon College Acceptance Rate?
- 3 What is Kenyon College Tuition?
- 4 What is the Kenyon College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- 5 What is the Kenyon College Acceptance Rate By Major?
- 6 What Are The Necessary Requirements For Kenyon College?
- 7 What Are The Transfer Requirements For Kenyon College?
- 8 What is The GPA Needed To Get into Kenyon College?
- 9 What is The Kenyon College Deadline?
- 10 What Are The Kenyon College Decision Dates?
- 11 Conclusion
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13 References
Why Choose Kenyon College?
One of the most outstanding undergraduate programs in the world is offered at Kenyon. The combination of intelligent students, top-notch instructors, and a stunning setting is unrivaled.
Furthermore, this demanding institution will put you to the test on every level, but it is similar to other renownedly demanding schools.
Also, Kenyon is noted for its academic rigor, significant emphasis on writing (it is known as “The Writers’ College”), and curriculum that offers “a well-rounded liberal arts education with a concentration on critical thinking and class discussion.”
What is the Kenyon College Acceptance Rate?
The acceptance rate should be your first consideration if you want to be admitted. This reveals how demanding the school’s requirements are and how competitive it is.
At Kenyon College, the admittance rate is 35.8%. 36 out of every 100 applications are accepted.
This demonstrates how selective the school is. You have a good chance of being admitted if your GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application standards fit Kenyon College’s standards.
Also, even if you meet all other admissions requirements, you will have a very slim chance of being admitted if your GPA or SAT/ACT scores are below average.
To apply to Kenyon College, Click Here
What is Kenyon College Tuition?
For a student entering Kenyon in 2022–2023, the average annual fees and costs come to about $80,100. This sum comprises tuition ($66,240), room ($5,600), student fees ($250), and board ($8,010).
All Kenyon students reside on campus, so housing costs are a must. Different room rates for additional housing options are some factors that can affect how much it will cost to attend Kenyon.
What is the Kenyon College Transfer Acceptance Rate?
3.0% of the total student body at Kenyon College are transfer students.
In 2022, 132 transfer students applied to Kenyon College, and the school admitted 39 people.
As a result, Kenyon College’s transfer admission rate is 29.55 percent.
This demonstrates how challenging it is to enroll in Kenyon College. To estimate your odds of being approved, utilize the free calculator below.
What is the Kenyon College Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Kenyon College Acceptance rate by major include:
- English Language and Literature, General- 16%
- Political Science and Government, General- 11%
- Psychology, General- 7%
- Sociology and Anthropology- 7%
- History, General- 5%
- Economics- 7.2%
- Mathematics- 3.6%
- Physics- 3.6%
- Fine arts and art studies- 3.6%
- Spanish language and literature- 3.4%
- Biology/biological sciences- 3%
- Philosophy- 3%
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts- 3%
- Biochemistry- 5%
- Neuroscience- 5%
- International/global studies- 4%
- Multi-/interdisciplinary studies- 3%
- Art history, criticism and conservation- 3%
- Music- 3%
- Environmental studies- 7%
- Film/cinema/video studies- 5%
- Russian language and literature- 6%
- Chemistry- 9%
- Molecular biology- 9%
- Religion/religious studies- 6%
- Women’s studies- 5%
- French language and literature- 7%
- Classics and classical languages, literatures, and linguistics- 6%
- Chinese language and literature- 5%
- German language and literature- 4%
- Dance- 6%
- Japanese language and literature- 5%
- Italian language and literature- 3%
- Arabic language and literature- 2%
What Are The Necessary Requirements For Kenyon College?
Requirements for Kenyon College include:
For First-Year Applicants
- Required Documents
- Common App or Coalition App
- Secondary School Report, including transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Teacher Evaluation
- Mid-year Report
- Temporary Test-Optional Policy
- Additional Recommendations
For International Applicants
Unless English is the predominant language of teaching in your secondary school, international students must prove they can communicate in English. Students must turn in their English proficiency test results. Kenyon accepts the following tests:
- Duolingo English Test (score of at least 120
- IELTS Academic Test (score of at least 7.0 is
- IELTS Indicator Test (score of at least 7.0
- TOEFL (score of at least 100 is required)
- TOEFL – iBT Special Home Edition (score of at least 100
What Are The Transfer Requirements For Kenyon College?
Kenyon College requires several completed documents for consideration.
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript
- Essay or Personal Statement
- Standardized Test Scores
- Statement of Good Standing from Prior Institution
To apply to be a transfer student at Kenyon College, in addition to the prerequisites listed above, you must have completed a certain minimum amount of credits.
Kenyon College requires 16 credits
What is The GPA Needed To Get into Kenyon College?
Many colleges have minimum GPA requirements, but this is frequently the bare minimum needed to apply without it being rejected immediately.
At Kenyon College, the average GPA is 3.9.
However, Kenyon College needs you to be at the top of your class with a GPA of 3.9. You’ll need to receive almost all A’s to compete with other applications.
You should also enroll in challenging classes, such as AP or IB courses, in demonstrating that college-level coursework is simple.
What is The Kenyon College Deadline?
The application deadline for Kenyon College include:
Early Decision Option 1
Application Due: November 15
Early Decision Option 2
Application Due: January 15
Application Due: January 15
What Are The Kenyon College Decision Dates?
Kenyon College decision dates include:
Early Decision Option 1
Decision Released: Mid-December
Early Decision Option 2
Decision Released: Early February
Decision Released: Mid-March
Kenyon College is regarded as one of the good Colleges to attend in the United States, making admission difficult. Ensure you are above the school’s average standards if you wish to be admitted.
I hope this article clarifies any of your concerns regarding this outstanding College.
Frequently Asked Questions
Grants, student loans, and on-campus jobs are just a few of the need-based financial aid options that Kenyon provides.
For the NCAA Division I, NCAA Division II, NAIA, and NJCAA, athletic scholarships are offered.
Yes it does
36 out of every 100 applications are accepted. This demonstrates how selective the school is.