Malaysia, located in Asia, is a federation comprising 11 states and 2 federal territories. The capital city is Kuala Lumpur, which is known for its iconic skyscrapers, including the famous Petronas Twin Towers. Malay is the official language in Malaysia, although Malaysian English is widely spoken. The currency used in Malaysia is the Malaysian Ringgit.
If you are planning to visit Malaysia, you will need to apply for a visa, and here is a comprehensive guide on the Malaysia Visa Application and its requirements:
Types of Malaysia Visas and Processing Time
There are several types of Malaysia visas available, depending on the purpose of your visit. The major types of visas include:
- Study Visa: For individuals intending to study in Malaysia. The processing time for this visa is approximately 10 days.
- Transit Visa: For individuals transiting through Malaysia to reach their final destination in another country. The processing time for this visa is approximately 10 days.
- Family Visa: For individuals visiting family relatives in Malaysia. The processing time for this visa is approximately 10 days.
- Tourist Visa: For individuals visiting Malaysia for tourism purposes. The processing time for this visa is approximately 10 days.
General Requirements for Malaysia Visa
The general requirements for a Malaysian Visa include:
- Original and Two Copies of Approval Letter: Obtain the approval letter from the Department of Immigration Malaysia, and provide the original and two photocopies of it.
- Valid Nigerian Passport: Your Nigerian passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of your intended stay in Malaysia and should have at least two free pages for visa stickers.
- Malaysian Visa Application Form: Complete two copies of the Malaysian visa application form (Form IMM.47).
- Passport-Sized Photographs: Submit two recent passport-sized photographs.
- Visa Application Fee Receipt: Provide a receipt as proof of payment for the visa application fee.
- Valid Return Flight Ticket: Show a confirmed return flight ticket to prove your intention to leave Malaysia after your visit.
Malaysia Visa Types
Malaysia offers two major types of visas:
- Visa Without Reference (VWTR): This type of visa is issued to individuals intending to visit Malaysia for various purposes, including study, family visits, transit, or tourism.
- Visa With Reference (VWR): This visa is granted to individuals with business-related intentions, investors, and entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, at this time, this visa is not available for Nigerians.
Malaysia Visa Fee
The visa fee for various types of visas is 2,000 NGN each. Please note that this fee does not include the visa service charge.
The visa service charge may vary depending on the visa application center or agency you use, and it usually ranges between 80 USD to 275 USD, which is about 30,000 Naira to 100,000 Naira on average.
Before applying for a Malaysia visa, it is essential to ensure you have all the required documents and meet the specific visa requirements for your intended purpose of travel. The visa processing time may vary, so it is advisable to apply well in advance of your travel dates. Always check for updates and information from the official Malaysian embassy or consulate website in Nigeria before proceeding with your visa application.