Are you interested in finding out if you qualify to apply for a student loan in Nigeria? Are you in search of the requirements for the Nigeria Students Loan Registration Form?
Are you looking for a link or portal to apply or register for the Nigeria Students Loan? This article is specifically tailored to address your needs.
Guidelines to Assist You Get Nigerian Students Loan
- Research and understand different loan options.
- Determine your eligibility
- Gather the required documentation
- Go to your bank to request for the student loan application form
- Fill out the form
- Submit the form to your bank
Requirements for Students Loan in Nigeria Registration Form
- Candidate means of Identification such as National identity card or International Passport, etc
- Candidate Proof of Admission from an accredited institution in Nigeria
- Candidate Transcripts or academic certificates – if required
- Applicant Proof of income (e.g. parent’s or guardian’s income bank statements)
- Candidate Contact details and personal information of the guarantor(s)
- Candidate Recent passport-sized photographs
- Candidate Completed application form(s) provided by the loan provider
- Any additional documentation specified by the loan provider (e.g..reference letters, essay, letter of recommendation)
Who can Apply for Nigerian Government Students Loan?
The loan is available for Nigerian student seeking admission to an institution of higher learning provided they meet application form criteria. The bill states that there will be no discrimination based on gender, religion, tribe, position or disability of any kind.
- You must of have secured admission into a federal or state university, polytechnic, college of education or vocational school.
- Your income or your family’s income must be less than ₦500,000 ($1,000) per annum or ₦42,000 ($88) per month.
- You must provide two guarantors that are either:
- A civil servant of at least level 12. Since bachelor’s holders typically start Nigerian civil service at Grade 8 or 9, this would put the guarantor at a mid-level position.
- A lawyer with, at least, 10 years of post-call experience
- Judicial officer
- Justice of peace.
Steps to Apply for Nigeria Students Loan as a Student
Applicants would have to submit the applications through their respective banks to the chairman of the Committee tasked with disbursing the student loan fund.