You must study the WAEC Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work course in order to take the test. The purpose and goals, notes, and structure for the Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work exam are all included.
You must prepare for your exam by studying the Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work syllabus. You can use it as a guide to help you decide which topics to read about. Additionally, there are notes on ideas that you ought to learn carefully.
Without employing the Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work syllabus, exam preparations are equivalent to traveling to the farm without your farm equipment. You won’t be effective in the end.
Make sure to use the syllabus when you start your exam preparations.
The West African Examination Council’s Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work syllabus and suggested texts are included in this page (WAEC).
- 1 WAEC Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work
- 2 WAEC Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work Syllabus
- 3 List of Facilities and Materials
The senior secondary school trade curriculum on electrical installation and maintenance work served as the foundation for this exam syllabus.
It does not take the place of education. In terms of fundamental understanding and application of electricity, fault identification in electrical installations, and maintenance and repair of electrical machines, it is intended to evaluate candidates’ competence in electrical installation and maintenance work.
Additionally, it is made to evaluate applicants’ understanding of how to launch and run a small business doing electrical installation and maintenance work.
Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the syllabus are to test candidates’ knowledge and understanding of
- safety rules and regulations in electrical installation and maintenance work.
- electrical installation tools, materials and accessories.
- wiring of buildings.
- installation of electrical machines and repairs.
- rewinding of electrical machines.
- entrepreneurship skill in electrical installation and maintenance.
Papers 1 and 2 are two papers that must both be taken in one session and are composite exams.
40 multiple-choice objective questions on paper 1 must be answered in 45 minutes for a total of 40 points.
PAPER 2: This essay and practical work paper test will cover the full curriculum. It will consist of Sections A and B, which are as follows:
Section A will include three essay questions, and candidates will have one hour to respond to two of them for 50 points each.
Section B: Two mandatory questions taken from Sections B and C of the syllabus will be included in this practical work test.
The questions must be answered in 1 hour and 15 minutes for 50 marks.
As a result, the exam will last 2 hours and 15 minutes and award 100 points.
WAEC Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work Syllabus
Workshop Safety Rules and Regulations
- Hazards in electrical workshop.
- Dangers in electrical workshop.
- Precautions in handling electrical tools and materials.
- First-aid for electrical accidents.
- Statutory regulations.
Electrical Installation Tools, Materials and Accessories
- Measuring, marking and striking tools.
- Types and preparation of cables.
- Electrical accessories.
- Working drawing.
- Generation, transmission and distribution systems.
- Surface wiring.
- Conduit wiring.
- Joints and termination of cables.
- Underground cable installation.
- Overhead wire installation.
- Inspection and testing of domestic installation.
- D.C machines.
- A.C machines.
- 1Installation of machines.
- Tools and equipment for rewinding jobs.
- Winding drawing.
- Rewinding of single phase electric motor.
- Armature, commutator and slip rings.
Protective Devices and Maintenance
- Installation of protective devices.
- Maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Dismantling and assembling of machines.
- Repair of electrical machines, equipment and installation.
Entrepreneurship in Electrical Installation
List of Facilities and Materials
- Soldering iron
- Soldering lead
- Plier (different types
- Set of screw drivers
- Safety chart
- Cable chart
- Megger (Insulation Resistant Tester)
- Fishing Tape
- Measuring tape 3m and 50m
- Pen knife
- Bending spring (20mm)
- Bending machine
- Handrilling machine
- Single phase electric motor