Our WAEC Geography Questions and Answers for the 2023/2024 session are now available for free distribution to all secondary school students currently enrolled in WAEC.
Geography WAEC Exam Questions and Answers 2023/2024
This article will provide an overview of the types of questions you are likely to encounter on the Objective(OBJ) and theoretical portions of your examinations.
Geography is a term that seeks to demystify the earth and its components, as well as the relationship between the matter present on the planet and how its inhabitants’ actions impact it.
Keep refreshing this page, as we will definitely update this page as soon as the Latest 2023 WAEC Geography Questions and Answers are out…
In the meantime, go through these past questions and Answers for the previous years because they are likely questions for WAEC Geography 2023.
Geography WAEC Past Questions and Answers
We have analyzed a number of manuscripts and discovered striking parallels, which we will provide for free below.
Due to these similarities, we can anticipate the types of examination questions. Examine the questions below to gain a sense of what to expect in the exam room.
WAEC Geography Objectives (OBJ) Questions and Answers Exams
The average number of objective questions on the WAEC Geography Questions and Answers exam is sixty, and the allotted time is one hour and thirty minutes (1hr 30 mins).
It contains text boxes in which you must check only one of the five provided options.
Use the following WAEC Geography Questions and Answers from past examinations for practice; see below for additional information.
Instruction: Attempt all Questions
1. The center of the earth is also known as the .
1) The Mesosphere
B) Lithospheric Rock
D) The barysphere
The proper response is D.
Which of the natural environmental resources listed below is not replenishable?
B is the correct response.
Relief rainfall is typical around .
A) Low-lying regions
C) The Highlands
D) Sahara desert
C is the correct response.
4. Which of the following features is of volcanic origin?
A is the correct response.
5.The instrument utilized to measure atmospheric pressure is the
B is the correct response.
The gradual disintegration of rocks in situ by physical or chemical means is known as weathering.
C) The Weather
C is the correct response.
5. Which of the following phenomena is not directly related to the rotation of the earth?
A. seasonal changes
B. varrying duration of sunshine hours
C. unequal solar radiation on the earth’s surface
D. night and day
E. the tropics
6. Which pair of activities would you NOT find in an equatorial climate?
1. commercial grain farming. 2. rice cultivation. 3. lumbering. 4. plantation agriculture. 5. dry farming
A. 1 and 2
B. 2 and 5
C. 3 and 4
D. 1 and 5
E. 2 and 3
7. Inter-regional trade between countries in West Africa is promoted mainly by
A. relationship with former colonial rulers
B. production of similar goods
C. deliberate government policies in recent times
D. competition among the nations in Africa
E. frequent changes in government of different countries
8. Which statement is NOT true of the middle belt in Nigeria?
A. the soil is not productive
B. the population is sparse
C. there are insect pests and disease carriers
D. mineral resources can be found there
E. none of the above
9. Which of the following zones is the least industrialized in Nigeria?
C. Port harcourt-Aba
10. Which purpose is NOT served by the Kainji Dam?
A. provision of research facilities
B. provision of water of domestic use all over Nigeria
C. provision of fishing facilities
D. generation of electricity for use all over Nigeria
E. provision of recreational facilities
11. What is the Nile valley best known for?
A. Industrial development
B. Water navigation
12. Which is not exported by the Republic of South Africa?
13. Name the most important industrial mineral of Ghana
14. Which of the following factors least explains the fast growing population in Africa?
A. control of diseases
B. decline in death rate
C. the education of women
D. improvement in transportation
E. provision of more hospitals
15. If a map at a scale of 1:50,000 is reduced by half, what is the new scale of the map?
16. Which of the following most accurately describe the climate of coast lands which are adjacent to cool ocean currents?
A. summer rain, winter drought
B. winter rain, summer drought
C. rain all the year round
D. monsoon rainfall pattern
17. How were the major mountain belts of the world produced?
A. By wind erosion
B. By Folding
C. By glacial erosion
D. By weathering
E. By river deposition
18. Which of the following factors must account for the rapid increase in world population during the twentieth century?
A. The slave trade was abolished
B. Death rates have decreased rapidly
C. Birth rates have increased rapidly
D. Increasing world production of food
E. Large-scale migration of people
19. What does subsistence agriculture mean?
A. Intensive agriculture
B. Extensive agriculture
C. Agricultural production for cash
D. Agricultural production for export
E. Agricultural production for household consumption
PDF of WAEC Geography Questions and Answers (Theory) 2023/2024 Download
The Theory dominates Paper 2 of the WAEC Geography Questions and Answers.
Below is a selection of geography theory questions.
(a) Describe briefly five characteristics of each of the following:
(b) urban area;
a) Describe in your own words and with examples ten functions that settlements perform.
(b) List and describe the modes of transportation you are familiar with.
a. Analyze four drawbacks of inland water navigation.
(b) List six solutions to the problem posed in 3. (a)
a) Using a pencil, sketch a map of Nigeria. On the map, indicate and label the following:
(b) The two most noteworthy rivers
WAEC Question Format and Instructions for 2023/2024
There is a list of rules that all applicants must follow to avoid failing the WAEC that they may not be aware of.
We will simply review these unwritten rules to ensure their understanding:
1. Always double-check and triple-check that your details are written correctly on the exam paper.
2. In the exam room, do not write your name and number on multiple answer sheets.
3. Avoid participating in expo at all costs.
4. Always read and comprehend the instructions on the answer sheet before answering questions.
5. Do not shade more than one answer in your objectives, as shading two could result in penalties.
6. Always make use of HB pencils when shading. Pen shading is strictly prohibited.
7. Recall that forgetting details could land you in jail.
8. Review your past exam questions and syllabus two days before your exam, and make only revisions on the day of your exam to avoid mental fatigue.
Have your writing supplies, calculator, pens, and everything else you will need on hand.